Poverty anywhere is a threat everywhere
- Haiti earthquake aftermath: 522 entrepreneurs in entrepreneurship training programmes, 53 new businesses established in the construction sector; 766 microenterprises set up focusing on debris recycling.
- Bangladesh: Since 2011, over 100,000 women and men have benefited from apprenticeships within technical and vocational education and training (ILO TVET Programme).
- The ILO has joined forces with the Africa Agriculture and Trade Investment Fund (AATIF) in a range of LDCs, including Burundi and Zambia to help assess social and environmental risks of investments in agriculture in Africa.
- Better Work Programmes: through Transparency Databases, monitors accountability and transparency in the garment sector in Bangladesh, Haiti and Lesotho.
- HIV/AIDS in Tanzania: 491 jobs created and 1201 businesses engaged to prevent the spread of HIV in transport corridors.
Latest ILO news
23 June 2017
International Labour Conference - ASPAG meeting
13 June 2017
12 May 2017